What I Ate Wednesday…I’m Back!

I think it has been over a few months that I have participated in WIAW. Since I had some pretty delicious eats + a new slow cooker recipe to try out + a DELISH sweet treat, why not share! Random thought: do you realize that the sun has not come out since Friday??? I realize it, because this girl thrives on sunshine. This weather is gross, but it did not stop me from hitting the pavement early this morning. Wake up…Get up…Chug coffee…GO! 6 1/2 miles later I was DONE and it was a great way to start the day. Definitely not the prettiest of pictures (look at those bags under my eyes. ICK!), but it is my PROOF! After my run, I met a good friend for coffee; tackled clients; did a few hours of work at home; more clients; then dinner and desert! So let’s take a quick peak of my eats…

BeFunky_photo 2

Thanks Jenn for always hosting WIAW and have a fabulous day!

Breakfast:

Coffee + Strawberry Stuffed and Topped Protein Pancakes with Crazy Richard’s Crunchy PBBeFunky_photo 1

BeFunky_photo 3

Lunch:

Tuna Melt with Roasted Kale Chips and Cherry TomatoesBeFunky_photo 4

Dinner:

Sweet Potato Lentil Soup + Cheese + Wheat Thins

photo-373

Desert:

Cream Cheese Coffee CakeBeFunky_photo-374

How many nights a week do you treat yourself to something sweet?

m4s0n501

37 Comments on What I Ate Wednesday…I’m Back!

1. Sarah
    January 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm (2 years ago)

All of your eats look sooo yummy!! That coffee cake looks amazing!! I am with you on feeling deprived of sun! It totally sucks the energy right out of me when it is grey so many days in a row!! Ugh! P.S — I am going to be sending you a new hat! ;)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:40 am (2 years ago)

HA! Don’t even try to convert this Yankee fan. My Mom hopes one of us will marry Derek Jeter. LOL! All us Uhran girls can dream. PS: Today is looking especially gorgeous outside. BLECH!

2. Meg @ A Dash of Meg
    January 15, 2013 at 10:17 pm (2 years ago)

Ohhhh I love your kale and tomato combo for lunch!!!!!! :)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:41 am (2 years ago)

I love cherry tomatoes and almost burned all of the kale. It was still good, but kind of liked how it almost turned purple. Hope you are doing well! XOXO

3. Kerry
    January 16, 2013 at 2:06 am (2 years ago)

Great eats, i LOOOVE coffee cake! I’ve recently found your blog and love it, i’m trying to get back in shape after having my daughter 10 weeks ago! Your blog is so helpful :)

xx

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:42 am (2 years ago)

I am so glad that you like my blog! Our family friend makes that coffee cake every year for Christmas. Since I was on sugar overload, I froze it finally dug into it last night. It was GOOD! :)

4. Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean
    January 16, 2013 at 5:56 am (2 years ago)

sweet potato lentil soup = right up my alley!!!

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:42 am (2 years ago)

I knew you would approve! :) This recipe was AWESOME and I have tons of leftovers. High-Fives!

5. Laura
    January 16, 2013 at 6:37 am (2 years ago)

yum! Your meals look delish! I personally allow myself something sweet everyday! Dark chocolate is a staple in my diet ;) Otherwise I feel deprived… it makes life a lot sweeter :)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:43 am (2 years ago)

Dark chocolate or any kind of chocolate makes life better! I like the way you think. Have a fabulous day!

6. Miz
    January 16, 2013 at 7:41 am (2 years ago)

annd you reminded me:-)
    IM OUT OF KALE!!

7. Bess @ Bess Be Fit
    January 16, 2013 at 8:51 am (2 years ago)

Girl you have inspired me to make some cozy soup for dinner tonight!! With this weather in NJ right now, it’s perfect!

8. Claire @ Flake and Cake
    January 16, 2013 at 9:06 am (2 years ago)

Ooo I’m such a coffee cake fan! So good as dessert! :)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 9:34 am (2 years ago)

I heated it up a little bit in the oven and it gave the outside a nice little crunch. :) Homemade coffee cake is the BEST! Have a fabulous day!

9. Sunnie@ModerngirlNutrition
    January 16, 2013 at 9:13 am (2 years ago)

Yum! Everything looks sooo good- I can’t wait to try that PB!

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm (2 years ago)

It’s a good one and they are reasonably prices as well, which is always a plus. And the only ingredients listed on the bottle: PEANUTS. Awesome!

10. Kierston
    January 16, 2013 at 10:49 am (2 years ago)

All I can say is…Y.U.M.

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm (2 years ago)

I would have to agree with that! XOXO

11. kalli
    January 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm (2 years ago)

ummmmm there are no bags beautiful! and your food-swoon :)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm (2 years ago)

HA! Pasty and bags, I was a hot mess, but it was a awesome run. :) Hope you are staying “warm” out in CA this week! XOXO

12. AmyC
    January 16, 2013 at 2:30 pm (2 years ago)

I always have something sweet, but sometimes it’s good for me too (watermelon, yogurt…) It’s the salty snacks that I have to keep under control!

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 4:10 pm (2 years ago)

I agree. The salt is so much harder to control. Glad that you treat yourself with both good and not so good…

13. Ellie@Fit for the Soul
    January 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm (2 years ago)

Such good stuff here! I like the sound of that cream cheese coffee cake~and the lentil soup looks delish. I always eat (mostly) whatever I want in moderation so I’m good with eating a piece of chocolate candy here and there, or some cake or cookie, or a few spoons of ice cream at night. ;) It’s the best way to go in my opinion!

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm (2 years ago)

Moderation is KEY when it comes to most things in life, but once in a while a good splurge is needed. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

14. Adrienne @ Happy Ramblings
    January 16, 2013 at 3:38 pm (2 years ago)

Your eats look awesome! Especially that soup, I’ve been on a big sweet potato kick lately, how did you make that?

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 4:12 pm (2 years ago)

OMG it was so good. I will post the recipe sometime this week or next. Make sure to check back…THANKS!

15. Olivia @ Liv Lives Life
    January 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm (2 years ago)

Yum, your lunch looks delicious, as does the coffee cake!
    I treat myself to something sweet daily, but it’s usually a Dove dark chocolate. When I have something bigger, like fro yo or cookies, I’ll treat myself once a week. :-)

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:22 pm (2 years ago)

I treat myself to a sweet treat 1-2 times a week and it’s either chocolate, cookies, or a cupcake. HA! I have a serious sweet tooth and there are way too many yummy cupcakes that need to be tasted. Right? ;)

16. Kammie @ Sensual Appeal
    January 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm (2 years ago)

Oh wow, all of your food looks scrumptious! So so good :)
    The idea for a strawberry stuffed pancake just blew my mind too.

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm (2 years ago)

HA! Any pancake stuffed with fruit is always amazing. But then again, that’s just me. Oh and don’t forget the PB…Obviously! ;)

17. Kim @ AQuietCouple
    January 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm (2 years ago)

I just did my first #WIAW blog post today – http://bit.ly/V5Y85A. I loved going through yours and seeing the tasty things you enjoyed today. I usually treat myself to some sort of dessert, and it’s usually something sweet. I have been trying a bit more lately to find more healthy dessert options, since I DO want to treat myself a little each day!

• admin
      January 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm (2 years ago)

Dark Chocolate is a good treat that is a bit more healthy if you are looking for something sweet! Glad you joined the #WIAW party! It’s a fun group and even better to food gawk at everyone’s awesome eats. Enjoy!

18. Eating 4 Balance
    January 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm (2 years ago)

Oh gosh that cream cheese coffee cake looks fantastic. Great way to end the day!

I love using a slower cooker to make supper! It’s so convenient :)

• admin
      January 17, 2013 at 7:32 am (2 years ago)

I will have to tell our family friend all the compliments she is receiving from her coffee cake. :) It’s so good, but she only makes it once a year for XMas. It’s a nice treat. Thanks for stopping by!

19. Katie @ Live Half Full
    January 18, 2013 at 9:46 pm (2 years ago)

That soup looks awesome! Where did you get the recipe?

• admin
      January 19, 2013 at 7:08 am (2 years ago)

I will post the recipe this weekend! It’s healthy, delicious, simple ingredients, and pretty darn tasty! :)

• Katie @ Live Half Full
        January 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks!