Peaceful Weekends…

Winter has finally arrived in New Jersey and it was nice to have a relaxing weekend in my apartment, before heading out to celebrate the New Year! The past week has been quiet for me professionally, so I have taken advantage of this down time to clean up, run errands, organize, brain storm, and catch up on sleep. This weekend I was able to get in 2 fabulous yoga practices; a 5.5 mile run; and some peaceful walks with Miss Kala during and after the snow storm. I’m going to try to embrace winter this year and all that it throws at us, rather than complain. We will see how this long lasts, but for now, I’m enjoying it. Random thought: I cannot believe how long my hair has gotten…Watch out Cotter…Beach Hair Challenge is on this upcoming summer!  photo-367

Oh and how could I forget? Mom made her fabulous meatballs and sauce yesterday to have for New Year’s. Since I will not be around, I enjoyed mine on Sunday! YUMMY! Served over spaghetti squash with fresh mozzarella on top. My Mom’s meatballs and spaghetti is my favorite dish that she makes and I always request it on my birthday. Made with LOVE and LOADS of garlic. BeFunky_photo-368

I am not sure what your plans are for tomorrow, but why not try a new workout to kick off the night or the New Year! Get a quick, calorie blasting, and work every muscle in your body workout, before going out or staying in. Sounds good to me! Let’s revisit a oldie but KILLER workout that requires no equipment and can be done in 20 minutes or less. High-Fives!

Repeat 2-3 times. Rest 2 minutes before going through the circuit again!

• 60 Jumping Jacks
  • 30 Reverse Lunges (alternating)
  • 15 Squat Jumps
  • 30 Squats
  • 60 Mountain Climbers
  • 15 Burpees
  • 15 Push-Ups
  • 1-Minute Plank

And if you want another quick workout, you need to try this one by the fabulous Jess Allen! I love her workouts and she’s pretty awesome too. Another woman who embodies STRONG IS BEAUTIFUL!182395853630318860_oZPmQ9eW_c

Source

Try them out and let me know how it goes! I hope that everyone has a happy and safe New Year with friends and loved ones. Here’s to 2013 and may it be filled with new adventures, friends, love, and fabulous opportunities. Ciao!

What are your plans for New Year’s?

m4s0n501

16 Comments on Peaceful Weekends…

1. lindsay
    December 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm (2 years ago)

oh i need to send you a pic of my hair! i call it winter wrangles. A wrangled windy mess!! It’s on!

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 9:29 am (2 years ago)

I think I saw it on Instagram this morning. Was that the one? If so, then that was pretty stellar and hard to compete with. ;) Happy New Year! XOXO

2. Laura@fitrunningmama
    December 31, 2012 at 7:08 am (2 years ago)

love at home workouts! Thanks

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 9:30 am (2 years ago)

Anytime! Let me know if you try one of them out and how it went. Happy New Year!

3. Miz
    December 31, 2012 at 7:27 am (2 years ago)

IM GOING OUT OUT OUT TONIGHT!!
    all night!!!

or Ill be in bed with a 7 year old by 9pm :-)
    you shall have to guess….

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 9:31 am (2 years ago)

I am going to need to take a nap before going out tonight. What the heck? Alright time to stop dilly dallying and get this winter run in…UGH! Happy New Year and glad you made it west safely. XOXO

4. Kierston
    December 31, 2012 at 8:35 am (2 years ago)

You look gorgeous in your pic!

No plans tonight…laying low…need to get over this cold!

Like you…my Mom makes the best spag! :)

Happy new year!

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 9:31 am (2 years ago)

Thanks darling! I’m trying to compete with your hair…HA! Feel better and Happy New Year! XOXO

5. kalli
    December 31, 2012 at 10:16 am (2 years ago)

you look fabulous! you and lindsay have such beautiful wild hair. love this workout too. and yes embrace the winter. oh and btw the spag sauce looks to die for even at 7 am in the morning. no wild plans for us tonight but tomorrow i plan on a resolution race and hot yoga in SB. great way to start the year if you ask me! sending hugs!

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm (2 years ago)

Look at you doing all this yoga…I LOVE IT! Yes Lindsay and I have wild hair problems and cannot wait until summer for our “beach hair” challenge. HA! Happy New Year and enjoy your active day tomorrow. XOXO (Mom’s sauce is REDUNKULOUS)

6. Nikki
    December 31, 2012 at 11:13 am (2 years ago)

Definitely think I am trying these this afternoon!!! Great for wen I’m at my parents’ with no gym and TONS of snow!

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 3:57 pm (2 years ago)

EXACTLY! It just got really grey here in NJ, so I’m going to do one before jumping in the shower and getting ready for tonight’s festivities. Happy New Year! :)

7. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail
    December 31, 2012 at 11:39 am (2 years ago)

You are a natural beauty! WOW! Stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this workout–you’ll have to let me know how your boot campers “love” it! :) he he burpees! And, the chances are slim for me to make it to midnight, but we might try!! Happy 2013!

• admin
      December 31, 2012 at 3:58 pm (2 years ago)

I HATE burpees! One of my clients likes them better than mountain climbers. Who knows? HA! Thank you for always posting awesome workouts like these. I love using them and then changing them up for certain clients and even for myself. You ROCK and Happy New Year! XOXO

8. Christine @ Love, Life, Surf
    December 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm (2 years ago)

Love that picture of you too! That circuit looks great and sounds like a fabulous weekend to end the year. Happy New Year!

• admin
      January 1, 2013 at 11:33 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Christine! Happy New Year to you too…I hope you are having a fabulous day! XOXO